Part 1. Constructing the Sensor
To make the sensor into an ornament, simply run some ribbon or string through the metal loop at the top.
Part 2. Building the Circuit
- Jumper wires
- 10 Mohm resistor (or any similarly high value resistor)
- Jumper wire with alligator clip terminal
Use the diagrams below to guide you in building the circuit.
Part 3. Programming the Arduino & Testing!
1) Download the CapacitiveSense (CapSense) Library here. Follow the directions to make sure it installs correctly.
2) Create a new sketch. Copy and paste the code below into your sketch. Verify and upload to your Arduino.
(Note: The most common error we had was getting the name of the library wrong, but hopefully you won't have that problem.)
3) Clip your sensor to the alligator clip and test it out!